Never participated in a Tweetchat? Paul Writer will tell you how
- Signup for a free twitter account. Link: https://twitter.com/signup?lang=en
- Install Tweetdeck or visit URL here: https://tweetdeck.twitter.com/ at least one day prior to the Tweet-chat
- Search for #CMOIndia in the search window. This is referred to as the hashtag and will be used to track all tweets in a conversation
- Create a column with #cmoindia to see the conversation live. If it has not yet begun you will see older posts.
- A preview of tweetdeck is given below.
6. Often organizers of tweet-chat will assign a moderator to welcome participants, ask questions and generally keep the conversation on track. In this tweet-chat Jessie Paul(@jessie_paul) will be the moderator. @jessie_paul is referred to as the user’s handle. You can follow her by searching for her in the search window and clicking her profile and then clicking ‘Follow”.
7. If there is a guest answering questions they may be posed by the moderator or the participants.
8. When you join the chat, spend a moment to scan the tweets around the hashtag. If there is a moderator or a featured speaker what questions have been posted? What is the theme of the chat?
9. Feel free to like the tweets you love and share tweets from within the tweet-chat with your network, by re-tweeting or with comments, but don’t forget to use the hashtag #cmoindia so people can follow along.
10. Re-tweeting the posts of another twitter user in the tweet-chat is a common way to support statements from other tweeters and share them with your own networks.
11. If you ask a question or respond to someone in the chat, use the hashtag so everyone can be in on the conversation as well as new ones can join. #CMOINDIA in this case.
12. If you ask a guest to moderator a question, please stay on topic.
13. It is not OK (in most cases) to use a tweet chat stream to market your own product or services. This isn’t about you.
14. You might want to let people know you’ll be participating in a chat in advance. This is a nice way to support the moderator and let your circle know you may be a bit noisy during that time.
Now you can successfully participate and voice your opinions through tweet-chat.