Content earns trust and understanding. It’s the currency of modern marketing. Content Strategy if all about deciding which channels, mediums, and awareness measures will tell the story most effectively.
In modern digital landscape, content strategy is getting a lot of attention as it seems more and more like the best way to capture customer attention, build customer engagement and convert more business opportunities. Storytelling through content is at the center of modern marketing today.
The marketing landscape is rapidly evolving. In today’s new digital landscape, customers expect high-quality, adoptive, customer-focused content. The customer journey is no longer linear, and customers expect brands to provide content that helps them at every point in their journey.
3 key factors driving change in the modern marketing environment and NextGen marketing content strategy:
- Ever-growing media channels and outlets have fragmented audiences, making it harder for global marketers to understand how customers engage with brands.
- New buyers, more accessible information has changed the way people buy. Customers use multiple touch points to educate themselves before ever contacting sales, pushing engagement further down the line.
- Feedback, reviews & recommendations are a highly valuable part of the customer journey, making it more important than ever to nurture brand advocates.
To develop high-value, engaging, customer-centric content, consider the following four best practices:
- Customer Centricity: Stay focused on the customer’s needs at every step of customer journey. Provide your customers with correct content at the correct time; maximizing the effectiveness of your content as a business asset and focus on content lifecycle, from ideation through publication to measurement.
- Create high-value/ insightful content that customers can use and enjoy reading. High-value content goes beyond talking about our products and services. Quality content should be easy to find, clear, understand, use, insightful, share and actionable.
- Recognize what drives customers to engage with our content and leverage it.
- Build thought leadership and position your brand as credible partner
Identified your content marketing objectives, and follow below four crucial steps to set your content strategy up for success:
Content is the connective thread between customer and all marketing. And it has the power to transform your business. A good content marketing establishes long-term, trusted relationships with current and future customers by regularly delivering high-quality, relevant, and valuable information. It will also help you to build thought leadership of your brand on own, earned and paid media.
Onwards and upwards, my friends! All the best for your content strategy
Published with permission from Author.