Key Highlights of the 2016 Annual Research Study on State of Online Marketing in India:
- Customer Acquisition is the primary focus for marketing activities to be carried out in 2016 for a majority (58%) of India Marketers
- 85% of the India Marketers are tracking revenues generated through e-Marketing activities. 50% of respondents share that e-Marketing activities are contributing to more than 10% share of their revenues
- Social Media (66%) topped the list of marketing activities planned for 2016. Email Marketing was not left behind, with a 53% share of India Marketers. More than 50% of marketers are planning to increase investment in all these activities
- Social Media updates was the top choice for achieving maximum customer engagement (46%), followed by email campaigns (28%). SMS Marketing was the least preferred (8% of votes)
- 64% of India Marketers believe that Social media helps in improving brand reputation and increasing awareness. Social Media also helps in extending the reach of email content to new markets and accelerating the growth of subscribers
- 80% of India Marketers believe that integrated campaigns (Email, Social and Mobile) can result in a moderate to significant increase in conversion rates
- Email Marketing proved effective for over half of the respondents, as 53% of marketers found email marketing “effective” or “very effective”
- Reaching out to target audience (54% votes) and acquiring new email addresses (50% votes) surfaced as the top challenges faced by India marketers in 2015. Increasing the conversion rates was also a challenge faced by 35% of marketers.
For this 2016 issue of this annual state of online marketing in India study, India’s leading industry associations – IAMAI (Internet and Mobile Association of India), RAI (Retailers Association of India), DMAi (Direct Marketing Association of India)and Digital Defynd extended their support to Octane Research resulting in an active participation from 450+ India Marketers from 400+ Brands.
Commenting on the release of this Annual Industry Report, Punit Modhgil, Director & Co-founder, Octane Marketing (Octane.in) said, “2015 was the year that Digital firmly established in India. With more than 400 million India consumers on the internet now, India CMOs have dialled up their investments in digital marketing. In terms of impact, India Marketers have recorded Social and Email Marketing to be the top performing online marketing channels”.
Octane.in is India’s first multi-channel platform for integrated Digital 1:1 marketingcampaigns on Email & SMS. Marketers can send integrated campaigns on a clean, spam-free marketing platform; built on intelligent software which is available on demand. More information available at: www.octane.in